Jonas practicing his new motor boat skills.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Weekend Update
Here's our latest posting from the chilly city of KC. Tomorrow is supposed to be my first day back to work...can you say great timing. I love driving on icy roads and in negative degree weather. I really think Tracy should call me in but I really don't see that happening. As long as the electricity doesn't go out I guess I can make it. We did have a pretty fun weekend leading up to the holidays. Niki helped put me in the Christmas mood by coming to KC and carrying on our candy making tradition that we've started. Tracy said that we might have a chance at our own holiday cooking show with all the big ideas we kept coming up with for next year, diamonds in the rough we say. We had a good time and many of you will reap the benefits of some of our new tasty treats like the cranberry, orange, and walnut surprise we put together, my favorite by far. Of course we made some golden oldies like choc covered pretzels and one of my dads favorites (and Tracy's too) peanut brittle. On Saturday we had a little break in our production line to go to Kiley and Rory's dance recital. It was a full house and they were excellent in their routines. The next time you see Rory you'll have to ask her about her spin routine and you may be dazzled off your feet. Jonas had a good time singing to the music and getting his groove on which highly impressed the people around us. Kiley was awesome especially considering she only had three sessions to practice the routine and everyone else had been going for a while longer. Those two are really good for the soul. Today we chanced the weather and ventured out to Lawrence to finish up our Christmas shopping. We are officially done but now someone has to wrap then all, I think we will give Jonas a quick lesson tomorrow night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post a Comment