Sunday, July 5, 2009

Getting Ready For The Weekend

On Friday we went to the Topeka Zoo for another Linda activity and really enjoyed all the new improvements and animals that they have available (the cool weather didn't hurt either). Carol, Jesse, Noah, and Marion met us afterwards to eat some lunch and ride the train around the park. Jonas and I then headed to Pomona Lake to meet up with Michelle, Shawn, Jonathan and Connor for the start of our camping adventure. Thank goodness they have an air conditioned camper because Jonas had a little trouble falling asleep and didn't care for the tent one little bit. I knew he was safe but Jesse and Noah and I had our moments riding out the storm in the tent. Jesse and I didn't get much sleep but we stayed dry all night so it was all good.
Take me to the animals!
Good thing they have thick glass. I need to get a video of this posted because Jonas was just giggling at the playfulness of the lion.
Group shot. Burning the midnight oil before the rain hit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, picture and you promised you were only taking pictures of the flame. It was a good shot though.
Thanks for a great weekend.