Thursday, October 29, 2009
Long time coming....
By long time coming....I mean the carport...not the blog post. :) We apologize for slacking a little on the postings, it's been nothing but busy around here lately. I'll let Em show you all that Jonas has been up to, but I thought I would make a quick post about the work that Shawn and I did last weekend on the carport.
I've neglected the poor carport for many years, but finally decided it was time to stop procrastinating. Because there were several places where the roof had rotted all the way through, I thought there was no way we could save any it and I didn't think it was worth rebuilding (considering we don't use it as a carport). However, after we dug into the project it turned out we could save most of the framing, so we decided to keep it. Now we are just waiting for the roofer to call me back so he can finish the project.
Before....
Before...
3 layers....one asphalt, and two roll-on (that's not what it's called, but it's past midnight...give me a break) lol
Old decking....lots of holes (sorry poor carport)
Is wood supposed to be black? ooopppss
Extra special thanks to Shawn for doing most of the work. I was just his lackey...without him our house wouldn't be what it is today. I also want to thank Michelle and Em for entertaining the boys all day so Shawn and I could actually get some work done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
been there, done that. now we want to see what Jonas has been up to. Michelle
Post a Comment