Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Little One Is Not So Little Anymore


Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give you all an update as to where we are in our baby development department. We had a sonogram yesterday to see just how big this baby is since it has been measuring on the large size the entire pregnancy. The good news is that everything looks wonderful and no Michelle and Debbie we didn't find out if it was a boy or girl! Tracy tried to count the fingers and toes but Little One is pretty fast and wouldn't hold still. The bad news is that they are estimating the weight to be at 8lbs already and we still have 4 more weeks to go. The doctor assured us that everything looked good it was just my genetics coming back to haunt me since I was a 10lbs baby. I start seeing her every week now and in two weeks we will have our final sonogram to see if we are going to let it ride, induce or possibly a c-section. She went into a lot of detail as to why they don't like to induce as much on first time moms and essentially it's because there is a higher risk of an emergency c-sections in a large percentage of the cases. Some more good news is that she said that the baby has a symmetrical shape which is good if we go natural with it's ginormous size. I think there is a little bit of my mom coursing through it's veins because Little One was being stubborn and wouldn't look in the right direction for us to see it's entire face even with me flipping from side to side to get it to move. I say it's mom since we know that trait skips a generation and I don't have a stubborn bone in my body...or maybe it's Tracy's influence...either way it should be interesting when it finally comes out. The picture is a 3D image they shot and in this picture we have the side of the face with it's tongue sticking out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like everything is going great!!! Sounds like the two of you doing a stand up job already!!! This is going to be the luckies little BOY!!! ;) I'm so excited for this, you have no idea! I still say JUNE 7th!!!

- Norm

Anonymous said...

So, are you going to try to beat out Noah's baby weight? Big babies run in the family so be prepared. So long as the baby and Mom are healthy it really doesn't matter! This is so exciting!!!
We love you!
Sara

Tracy said...

Norma and Sara - Thanks for posting comments. I love to read them!!

Norm - I think Emily's with you on the baby coming early. In 6 days she'll be full term and then any day after that she's ready for it to come any day.

Sara - I just heard Em say that Noah was 10lbs and a month early! Holy cow...big babies really to run in your family. I was a little baby...5lbs something.

Thanks for posting comments!

- Tracy

Anonymous said...

Well you know I had to put my 2 cents in. I just have to say that is a beautiful little GIRL you have there. Emily, could you have a talk with Little One. I am free May 21st and that would be a good day! Don't worry I know that you will be able to handle birth what ever that may be and it will all be worth it in the end. Love you both.
Maude