Saturday, October 25, 2008

More First....

The past few days Jonas has experienced several new firsts. He has his first real cold...runny nose, watery eyes, coughing, and congestion, but through it all, he keeps on smiling. The other night when we went to pick up his high chair the lady helping us asked if he was always that happy. Nothing can keep our little man from smiling!! First thing this morning Jonas and I put together his new high chair. He insisted that he get to help. I was a little scared because normally, Emily reads the instructions because I'm too stubborn to read them, but I let her sleep in because the darn medicine they have her on for her back doesn't let her sleep at night. She was up most of the night. Crazy thing is...the medicine is supposed to make you drowsy, explain that! Anyway...In my mind, you only read the instructions after you've failed to figure it out your self. This time I actually broke down and read the directions carefully, because I knew if she woke up and saw I made a huge mistake I would never hear the end of it. Surprisingly, it was the easiest thing I've ever put together, and I didn't even have any "extra" parts. :) After we all got around and moving for the day we decided to go out and enjoy the nice weather. It had been raining for so many days we figured we better take advantage of it while it's still warm. When we got home Jonas got to try barley for the first time. I don't know if he was excited about eating in his high chair for the first time or if it was the barley he liked, but he sure was happy! Well that's it for now. We still have a few things to do to get ready for family pictures tomorrow. Thankfully, it looks like another nice day! Jonas excited about building his first high chair As soon as he saw how many parts there were he lost interest
So far....still on track
He thought he would check to make sure I tightened the bolts underneath
Yeah...the finished product! The maiden voyage was a success...he enjoyed his first meal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find a high chair like that? You guys find the strangest and newest things. I am glad that he likes it. It is getting so big so fast. Can you imagine real food already!?!
Maude

Anonymous said...

That is a cool high chair. I have never seen one like that. It even matches his bedroom furniture. amy