Monday, May 19, 2008

The final stretch...

We're in the final stretch (no pun intended). Tomorrow, (Tuesday) Emily will be considered full term. It's amazing to see how much the baby's grown in these last few weeks. When we started this blog she was eight weeks (left photo) away from her due date and now she's four weeks (right photo).

Her poor feet are as so swollen. Tonight I gave her a foot rub, and by the time I was done with the second foot the first one was already back to the size of an eggplant. I feel so bad for her.

She had a doctor appointment today and everything else is looking good. So hopefully this baby will come soon. Several people have told Em that as soon as they put the car seat in their car they had the baby. So...guess what we're doing this week? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone else believe that I let her keep taking these pictures of my belly? I think I must be in a hormone induced trance.

-M

Anonymous said...

Emily & Tracy,
I think somewhere on this planet is ONE picture of my pregnant belly (a polaroid). You just didn't do that years ago. Now everyone shows it off - bellies peering out from shirts, skin-tight shirts. I feel bad that I'm not on your thank you list. I really wish I was on your thank you list but don't know how to contribute and kind of feeling like you guys are so busy and our lives are moving in different directions. Pam and I love you and miss you. In retrospect, I should have thrown a baby party for Tracy at work. I just don't think of those things. Sorry I'm not such the good friend - I am in my heart...Jen

p.s. - it may take a couple years but you'll be thrilled that you took pictures of your belly.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jen. It is hard to see those pictures now but soon you will be thankful that you had those pictures to look back on.
It is just a reminder of what is to come. A beautiful baby girl! :) Just had to get that in there.
Love ya,
Chelle