Thursday, August 7, 2008

Past few days

The past few days have been filled with all types of exciting things. Like Emily mentioned, Jonas's cousin Jesse came back up this week to help out Emily while I was at work. Jonas also went to vote for the first time. Momma tried to explain to him (and Jesse) why it's important to vote, but were not sure either one of them understand that it's their civil duty.
Today was a milestone for Jonas. It was the first time that he had a 'babysitter'. Amy and the girls had come over last week to watch him while Emily went to the doctor, but today we actually took him to Amy's house and kissed him goodbye while Momma and I went to the doctor so Em could get a steroid shot for her back. It was a big deal for all of us, and not nearly as tough as we thought it would be. I think it's because we know that Amy (and the girls) will take such good care of him. The steroid shot seemed to help, as Momma is now able to move around a little better. She's still pretty stiff, but that is to be expected. Hopefully, in a few days she will be feeling even better.
While Jesse was here Em manged to stop us several times at Scrabble, but Jesse got his revenge playing Worst Case Scenario and strutting his stuff on the Wii. We haven't taken a whole lot of photos the last few days so I decided to upload a video we took last week and one photo from tonight.
I also decided to post another polling questions since the comments have slowed down considerably....this is the way we know you read the blog! We still love to read the comments you post. :)
For those of you with slower Internet access, here's something for you to look at while you wait for the video to download.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little man is AMAZING! I miss him so much!!! I also miss the both of you! Give him lots of kisses and hugs from Aunt Na! I love that new pic!!!

- Norm

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Now that I know how to leave a comment I will try and do that. I had lots of fun watching Jonas. It really isn't much work with Kiley and Rory around. If I could just get them to change his diaper.

rkreller said...

Tracy, Emily and Jonas, I haven't left comments lately, but you can bet that I check in every other day to see your little guy grow. It is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Nice, thanks for thinking of us pokey people. Shawn wants to know what he was really trying to say?

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to vote for Extra Momma because it was so funny when Jonathan came up with it. But I agree with Shawn it just doesn't sound right. Don't worry uncle Tracy Jonas will find something to call you.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

PamI am happy Emily is doing better. I enjoyed looking at the video of hte little fellow too. And thank you for posting the photo of my sweater. That was sweet of you - plus I didn't have a picture of it and now I do! - Pam D.