Thursday, August 14, 2008

That's not mustard...

Last night we had dinner and drinks with a few friends from work. (mother...stop freaking out about it...it's not like we took him to Smoky Joe's on a Friday night, bellied up to the bar and made him hold our drink while I went and sang karaoke...it is a restaurant!!!) Anyway...after Jonas had his bottle Tobi decided she would him while we ate. After a few minutes she mentioned that he was 'bubbling' down below, which is normal...more often that not his gas comes out the bottom half rather than the top half. She was quite the trooper until he started to get fussy, then Uncle Shannon said he would take him. During the hand off Jason noticed something on Shannon's arm, thinking it was mustard, he asked Shannon what was on his arm. Much to Shannon's surprise...it was grey"poop"on...Ha-Ha!! Thankfully Stephanie (Jason's wife) handed him a handful of napkins to protect the po-po from getting on his clothes. When Em and I took him to the restroom to change him he had the magic mustard half way up the middle of his back and completely ruined the cute outfit he had on. As messy as he was, we couldn't help but laugh. Jonas has never had a diaper anywhere close to that bad...so were not sure where it came from. After we got him all cleaned up Tobi was brave enough to hold him again, even though Emily told me after we left that she didn't fair as well as Shannon. Sorry Shannon and Tobi....our little guy didn't mean to mess on you!! Jonas has been staying up late to watch the USA kick butt in swimming and tonight he crashed out early. Tomorrow afternoon Emily gets to start nursing again (after having her steroid shot) and she couldn't be happier. She really misses the bonding moments they have together. Then...as soon as I get home we take our first family road trip back to Hays for the weekend. Hopefully, he sleeps most of the way! Jason, Shannon, and Tobi Marta teaching Jonas the Polish version of "cheers"! (although I already forgot what is was...oops)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 'grey poop-on' was probably caused from all the greasy food they serve at bars. I heard him on the phone that night when you got home & all the burping he was doing...hehe Thank goodness he's coming to Grammie's this weekend so I can have a good talk with him. :-)
Grammie

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to put this story in the baby book. Jonas will love to hear about this when he is sixteen. Amy

Anonymous said...

Now I know where Momma T gets her sense of humor! Hope you have a great time together.

Joy