Saturday, September 27, 2008

Date Night

Friday, Emily and I had a night to ourselves to partake in our old date night ritual (dinner and the book store). We dropped Jonas off at Art and Aggie's house around 6:00 and told them we would be back around 10, they offered to watch him as long as we wanted. Our first priority was to curb our hunger, so we ate at Jose Peppers. After dinner we made a quick stop at Babies R Us, (why do we always end up at Babies R Us when we have time to ourselves???) and then headed to the bookstore. Although, we had a great time somehow we ended up back at Art and Ag's doorstep at 9:45. Perhaps it was the glass of beer we had at dinner that made us tired, or the fact that even though Jonas is sleeping for longer periods at night now we still don't get a lot of sleep, or maybe we just missed having him with us.
It's funny how we don't really need as much "alone" time lately. If we get our choice....we want him with us as much as possible! I'm sure the fact that we are both back at work full-time doesn't help either. Regardless, Aggie was glad to have Jonas all to herself and Jonas loved the attention. He tried to stay up and watch the debate, but he just didn't have it in him. We told him not to worry though...we DVR'd it and can watch it tomorrow.
Today, we went to Leah's (my cousin-in-law) baby shower. She is due in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see their little girl Carson Olivia. Tomorrow we are going to have a picnic at the park and sit in the shade and waste our day away reading and relaxing. It's something I've been wanting to do for quite sometime now, just haven't had time.
Oh...and just for the record...Em and I aren't the only ones taking funny pictures of Jonas. Rory insisted on putting these sunglasses on Jonas Friday and Amy couldn't pass up the photo op. My guess is that it was Jonas' best attempt at impersonating Elton John. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could look at that picture of Jonas everyday. He looks so cute. amy