Tonight I was looking through the book where everyone wrote down their guess about what day the baby would be born. Only one person is out of the running. However, there are several people who said the baby would be here by the end of this week. I talked to Jen today, and she was pretty confident that her guess of June 3rd @ 10:05 am was right. I guess we'll see.
At Joy's (Emily's sister) office they were discussing the birth date and mentioned that if the baby is born on Saturday the birthday will be 06-07-08. That would be cool....and easy for me to remember!
All we know is that Emily's ready to have this baby. If you have any helpful hints about things we can do to move this process along, post a comment. We need to try something! :)
4 comments:
Well - I struggled with the same situation in January before Haden was born. He was due on the 9th, and the doctors said they would induce me on the 16th if I hadn't gone into labor yet. I was sooooo against being induced that I was willing to do nearly anything to kick-start things naturally.
Unfortunately, it looked like Haden was going to take his own sweet time in arriving - my doctor thought for sure she would have to induce me. So I tried all the 'standard' remedies:
- spicy food
- long walks
- hanky-panky
As well as a few not-so-common ones:
- climbing a million stairs and yelling my head off at a football game (the Bucs lost - to the Superbowl champs New York Giants)
- sipping a small glass of red wine
Not sure if it was coincidence or what, but I started all this on the 5th, and went into labor on the 7th. (The sucky part, he wasn't born until the 9th -- but at least I wasn't induced!)
I've also read that nipple stimulation and certain types of foot massages can induce labor. These ideas scared me, tho.
Hang in there - I know it's pointless to say this (there was no way I could rest while I was waiting), but try, try, try to get some rest while you still can. :)
Carmen
I will have you know I picked 6-7-08!!! I have a feeling! Then again I have lots of feelings and not too many of the are correct. Just maybe this one is! I also have a feeling it's a BOY! So, one of my feelings has to be right!!! RIGHT?? Tell Em its just a couple more days...its a feeling I have!! ;) OK...I think those are all the feelings I have! HA!
- Norm
Wow. I heard about the dog bite so I came to see the pictures. It is looking much better but that is crazy!
I'm glad you are alright. As before mentioned, spicy foods and long walks are all I am aware of that could help speed up the process...I'm a big fan of muti-tasking so I say, take a walk and eat a taco. That should get the baby moving!
~Ali
The bite is looking better than the other picture which made my stomach rather sick I can't imagine what it felt like.
I did eat a whole box (okay there aren't that many in a box anymore) of cherry choc. the day August was born - sure enought I was in labor by 6:00 and had him by 7:30 - you need to make a quick trip to CVS candy isle.
Joy
Post a Comment